Let’s face it, such a time had never dawned on us in the past where we were left locked in our own house. It is an apocalypse of a different nature. We had absolutely no idea this was going to come at us and stay for a while. Being at home might be an easy task for a few but most of us are cringing at the fact that there’s no assistance or house help. There are these pesky little obstacles that make these chores a little more tricker. Laundry, kitchen and cleaning your home can prominently leave you questioning your IQ level. Don’t worry, calm down; we are facing the same trauma as you. All these first world problems can easily ruin your day. Luckily for you, we have a bunch of 16 life-changing home hacks that will help you ace the ‘Game Of Chores’ to reach your throne of a clean home.
Here are these awesome 16 life-changing hacks that will make doing chores in the lockdown easier.
- Blenders Giving you a tough time while cleaning?
Hack: Add a drop of Liquid soap and half cup water to the blender. Run it and voila blender deep cleaned.
2. Leftover bread?
Hack: Put it in a blender to form bread crumbs and then roast it in a pan. There you have your own bread crumbs you can use for crispy chicken nuggets coating or cutlets. Store it in an airtight jar.
3. Smelly fridge?
Hack: Take a newspaper, crush it to a ball size and soak it in water. Leave it in the refrigerator for 7-8 hours. Remove it after the time is up and your fridge will be odourless.
4. Keep Veggies Fresh for Days.
- Hack 1: Wish to prevent Chillies from drying out fast? Remove the stem of the green chillies and store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Also, keep a tissue that will absorb the moisture. Chillies will be fresh for 2 weeks.
- Hack 2: Keep Green leafy vegetables fresh by wrapping them in a tissue paper then put it in an airtight container. Your vegetables will be fresh for 10 days.
5. Make brights brighter.
Hack: Help bright clothes or black colour clothes from fading by turning them inside out before washing this will keep the colour on the outside intact.
6. Want extra soft and fluffy towels?
Hack: Add a Lil bit of vinegar and baking soda while washing the clothes in the machine. No fabric softener needed.
7. Losing socks & delicates while washing?
Hack: Get a mesh laundry bag to wash your socks and other delicates. It will be easier to locate them post washing.
8. Wash smelly clothes separately.
Hack: If you have extra sweaty smelly gym clothes pre-soak them in water and a Lil bit of vinegar. Three parts of water and one part vinegar. The vinegar will help break down some of that bacteria that is causing that foul smell.
9. Wash towels separately.
Hack: Towels need to be deep cleaned, hence wash them in a warm water cycle and the other clothes that are expensive or may shrink wash it in a cold water cycle.
10. Losing remotes all the time?